Monday, October 11, 2010

Newport RI Probate and Estate Attorney Jeremy Howe and Associates

Reflections While Rehabilitating

As I write this monthly client note, I am reflecting upon the events of the past two weeks since my new hip replacement. My physical therapist just left my home and I am quite satisfied that I am cleared to climb the stairs to the second floor and to enter and exit the shower.

Since the operation, I have been on unfamiliar ground and have been required to make many decisions affecting my recovery. In making these decisions I turned to the “experts” involved in my care including physical therapists, occupational therapists and nurses. I knew that I would get the best advice from those who are on the “front line” of pain management, muscle strengthening and recovery from a major physical trauma.

As a result of those consultations, I did decide to delay the return to my home by taking advantage of a week of rehabilitation. Similarly, I followed their advice regarding all of the “small” decisions that came up every day. Should I get help putting my socks on or should I do it myself?

Some of this may sound minor but my point is that all of us probably would do better if we “Counsel first” with hands-on experts before we make life decisions, large and small.

------------------------------------------
The Law Offices of Jeremy W. Howe, LTD. are ElderLaw attorneys in Rhode Island who specialize in Wills and Trusts, Estate Planning, Guardianship, Probate, and Veterans Aid and Attendance Benefits.

They also are Newport Rhode Island Divorce Lawyers, Attorneys, Mediators, and Arbitrators providing services for Family Law issues such as Divorce, Child Custody and Visitation, Support, and Military Family Law. 

Call them today at 401-841-5700 or visit them on the web at http://www.CounselFirst.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment